COVID-19, Coronavirus: What should your business do?
Many are worried about what they need to do as a business during this time where we are dealing with the thread of COVID-19. As with all business activities, adequate risk mitigation measures need to be in place.
Government guidance at present is that:
- Social gatherings should be avoided. As such, where possible work from home and allow your staff to do the same. Instead of face to face meetings, consider telephone meetings or video conferencing.
- If you have symptoms you should isolate for 7 days. If you live with someone with symptoms you should all isolate for 14 days. This is due to the incubation period from being exposed to showing symptoms. Symptoms include:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
The NHS are advising:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Further information can be found on the following websites:
Please check government guidance daily, and follow advice issued.
Should you require any information or risk assessments in relation to managing the risks of COVID-19, please do not hesitate to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08143 654644